Newsletter Sign Up
Sprinter whisks you right to the airport! The service provides a direct connection between Charlotte Douglas International Airport and Center City Charlotte. CATS put together this enhanced bus service to help citizens while we work to implement the West Corridor Streetcar project. Sprinter offers a host of amenities!
Why ride the Airport Sprinter?
- Increased frequency. You can catch Sprinter every 20 minutes during weekdays and every 30 minutes during nights and weekends.
- Efficient stop locations. Get to shopping, restaurants and Center City with a few stops in between. And, Sprinter makes stops near several Center City hotels. It also makes easy connections to other CATS routes and services, including the LYNX Blue Line.
- Sleek new shelters. They give you visibility on every side but still keep you protected from the elements.
- Easy travel between Center City and Charlotte Douglas International Airport. Whether you’re visiting Charlotte or trying to get to work, Sprinter stops at convenient locations within Center City like Gateway Village and Trade and Tryon streets.
- We’ve gone GREEN. You can’t miss this vibrant vehicle. And, best of all, the dedicated Sprinter fleet is made up entirely of hybrid electric, or clean air buses. That means better air quality for our community.
- Wider aisles, luggage rack. For your convenience, we’ve made the aisles wider so you can keep your packages or luggage right next to you. Or, you can use the handy luggage rack installed in every Sprinter bus.
- Digital schedule signs. Some of the shelters are also equipped with variable message signs, so you can get real-time arrival information for Sprinter buses.
- Pedestrian light. You’ll find this amenity provides a more secure setting at every shelter.
- Public art. CATS strives to enhance the communities it serves with public art. Each shelter along the route has etched glass that depicts the history and personality of the Wilkinson Boulevard/West Morehead corridor.
- Low fare. The Sprinter fare is the same as the CATS Local fare.
Get on board Sprinter, and let us whisk you to your destination!