Newsletter Sign Up
What: Temporary LYNX Blue Line light rail service closings
When: February 23-24, March 9-10 and March 16-17 (may change depending on weather)
Where: Operating only from the I-485/South Boulevard Station to the Scaleybark Station
The Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) is adjusting the LYNX Blue Line light rail service over several weekends to accommodate construction work near the New Bern Station. Beginning this weekend, February 23 and 24, the LYNX Blue Line will only operate from the I-485/South Boulevard Station to the Scaleybark Station. Transportation service areas north of Scaleybark Station, between the New Bern Station and the CTC/Arena station, will be accessible via CATS bus service. The Seventh Street Station will not be served.
These temporary closings mark the beginning of better connectivity for the South End neighborhood. The construction will install a vehicular grade crossing to connect Poindexter Drive to South Boulevard and Youngblood Avenue.
Alternative transportation is available for light rail riders via the CATS bus system, as well as by B-cycle bike share program. Click here for more information about alternative routes via the bus system, and click here for more information about the most convenient B-cycle stations and routes.
Additional information about using the CATS bus system:
- Look for the “LYNX Connector” signage for bus pickup
- Bus fare is cash only and must be exact change. Local fare is $2.00 one way per person
- Passengers can ride from the bus to rail and vice versa with a transfer; an additional ticket is not required
- The Seventh Street Station will not be served
- Anticipate some delays and adjust your travel time
- The LYNX Blue Line is expected to return to its regular schedule Monday morning, February 25
Call 704-336-7433 or check CATS webpage at www.ridetransit.org for updates.