Apparo’s CIO Insights Presents: SecurIT: Protecting Against Pandemic Vulnerabilities
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
5:00 pm - 6:15 pm
Since the onset of COVID-19, the attacks on data, hacking and ransomware that enterprises are experiencing have drastically grown and changed in their severity.
- With an increased remote workforce, cybercriminals have found new opportunities to launch unprecedented campaigns. Since the beginning of COVID-19, businesses have experienced:
- 47% increase in the severity of ransomware attacks that have included newer, particularly dangerous strains.
- 67% increase in email attacks
- 41% increase in ransomware*
“The pandemic has shone a light on the resilience of our businesses as companies struggle to pull together a country-level approach that links together cybersecurity, technology resilience, people, supply chain and property issues – while also focusing on what really matters to the business — critical assets and services.” ** Working with increased vigilance, and understanding how to mitigate risks in this climate of uncertainty is of the utmost importance.
Our November Insights panel of CISOs will explore the cybersecurity evolution during this pandemic, focusing on their resiliency in their companies:
- Fostering a culture of cyber resilience: creating a collective urgency around cyber needs, privacy, and security
- Identifying and securing critical capabilities and services
- Defining meaningful cyber risk metrics, specifically supply chain and digital channels
- Understanding how cooperation in cyber risk avoidance has changed amongst government, competitors, and consumers
Join us on November 18th as we discuss these vulnerabilities and hear from CISOs on their strategies for mitigating risks.
- Ben Agner, Director of Global Security Portfolio Management, Aflac
- Rick Doten, CISO, Carolina Complete Health, and VP of Information Security, Centene Corporation
- Mike Privette, Managing Partner, Fraction Consulting and CISO of national financial institution
- Anthony “AJ” Johnson, Managing Partner, Delve Risk and past CISO of GE Capital Treasury, Fannie Mae, and past Deputy CISO at Capital One
- Brian Rossmeisl, Senior Consultant, AccessIT Group
Your ticket not only gives you access to the event, but also supports the work we do in the community. Thank you for being a community champion. See you on November 18th!
Add to your calendar