Community Update 9/3/12September 3, 2012 11:53 am
Monday, September 3, 2012
· This morning is the first day of operations at the temporary transit center at Third and Mint Streets. Operations are going smoothly. CATS is operating on a holiday schedule for Labor Day.
· Remember, CATS Ambassadors are at the temporary transit center, Carson Street Station and along the LYNX Blue Line to assist customers with commuting questions. Look for them in their yellow shirts with CATS printed them. You can also call CATS Customer Service at 704-336-7433.
· Today the LYNX Blue Line will be stopping at the Stonewall Street Station and operating with two-car trains all day.
o 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. 30 minutes (2 trains per hour)
o 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. 20 minutes (3 trains per hour)
o 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. 10 minutes (6 trains per hour)
o 7:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. 15 minutes (4 trains per hour)
o Last train departs from Stonewall at 1:00 a.m.
· Elizabeth Avenue is closed between Kings Drive and Charlottetowne Avenue. This closure is necessary for staging essential equipment and personnel to be used to support uptown activities. CATS busses will be allowed.
- Alternate traffic routes remain in place and traffic continues to flow efficiently.
· An increase in arriving passengers ending their flights at CLT today is anticipated.
· More than 200 volunteers (including Aviation Department, airlines, DNC, Charlotte in 2012) continue to assist passengers (arriving and departing) with directional and wayfinding information.
· The Airport Overlook remains closed through today.
· The Airport’s temporary Cell Phone Lot will remain located at 5535 Wilkinson Boulevard through today as well.
· Passengers are reminded to:
o Read the temporary directional signs when they are activated. Trust what they say and follow them.
o Tune in to Airport Radio 1610 AM for the latest Airport traffic information.
o Allow extra time to arrive and get settled before a flight and prepare as they would for holiday travel.
o Be patient, plan ahead. Visit http://parking.charlotteairport.com for the latest parking updates.
Solid Waste Services Collection
· Residential garbage and recycling will be collected according to the normal schedule this week. Yard waste and bulky item collection services are suspended. For locations within the secure perimeter in uptown, garbage and recycling collection will be provided on the regularly scheduled day, but between the hours of 12:01 a.m. – 6 a.m. This includes locations serviced by the City and private haulers.
Information for residents and visitors
· The DNC Call Center (704-391-4760) is available to answer questions about DNC-specific events and activities. The Call Center is open until 7 p.m. this evening.
· Call 311 for information about City and County operations and services. 311 has extended its hours and is open from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
· Remember to visit DNCinfo.CharlotteNC.gov for the latest updates on City and County operations and services. Recent updates include a full listing of public parking options in uptown, new access maps for the Ballantyne area, public transit information and more.
Inclement weather & flooding
· Storms are forecasted again for Monday. Take time today before the storms to remove any debris that may clog storm drains or call 311 to report major blockages.
· Visit Stormwater.Charmeck.org for flood safety information.
- Call 911 if you encounter flooding or possible flooding