The safety of Uptown residents, workers, and visitors is of the utmost importance to us. We want you to know that we are monitoring all recommendations and updates from government officials surrounding COVID-19 (novel coronavirus), and we will inform you of relevant changes. Here’s a quick update of what government officials, the CDC and the health department have said:
- Mecklenburg County issues a “Stay at Home” effective March 26th at 8:00 am.
- NC Governor Cooper bans gathers of more than 50, orders gyms, salons, theaters to close
- NC Governor Cooper has issued an order to close restaurants and bars for dine-in customers, but will allow takeout and delivery operations to continue.
- The CDC and NC health officials recommend cancelling all gatherings of more than 50 people for the next 8 weeks. Mecklenburg County’s Health Director will also sign an order banning gatherings of more than 50 people.
- The White House called for Americans to avoid gatherings of more than 10 people for the next 15 days.
What does this mean and what can you do? Health officials continue to recommend social distancing and rigorous handwashing – it will help the city mitigate the threat of Coronavirus. Social distancing may mean a change in your social life, but our community health as a whole depends on everyone working together. We encourage everyone in to follow expert guidance and tips on how to reduce personal and community risk in this developing situation. Here are helpful links from local healthcare providers:
- Atrium Health Coronavirus Information
- Novant Health Coronavirus Information
- Tryon Street Medical Partners Coronavirus Information
The first priority for everyone is to take appropriate steps to limit the spread of COVID-19 and ensure our entire community remains healthy.