Director of Economic DevelopmentJuly 24, 2019 3:30 pm
Direct report to the Senior Vice-President of Community and Economic Development while working closely with numerous other members of the Charlotte Center City Partners team.
Charlotte Center City Partners is seeking a Director of Economic Development. The primary goal of the Director is to strengthen and grow the office and retail markets in the Uptown and South End districts of Charlotte by working closely with a wide range of economic development partners and developing and implementing recruiting and retention strategies.
The Director is expected to be a subject matter expert in current real estate and economic development conditions in Uptown and South End as well as the Charlotte region. This individual is also an expert on current conditions and trends in the local, regional and national urban office and retail market as well as the economic development assets of the Charlotte region including workforce, transportation, education, public policy, infrastructure, services and amenities, and more. This individual should also fully understand the real estate development process as well as the role of local and state government in the economic development process.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the development and brokerage community.
- Develop and maintain a network of key local partners who can assist in marketing the Center City to regional, national and international office and retail prospects.
- Follow up regularly on projects to ensure prospects’ needs are met and economic development partners are fully supported. Track all projects at all stages of development.
- Implement Business Retention Program on an ongoing basis, including a tracking system.
- Understand the needs of urban retailers and be able to communicate that vision to stakeholders, business leaders, and government officials.
- Support Center City retailers through advocacy, programming, and other means.
- Understand the needs of high-growth startup companies in order to support their recruitment as well as their growth within the center city.
- Represent Charlotte Center City as well as the organization in the community and at economic development and commercial real estate events.
Experience: At least five years of work experience in related fields is desired. A four-year degree is required and continuing education in related fields is preferred. Charlotte Center City Partners seeks to fill this position with a strong communicator and natural relationship-builder. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, innovative, curious, strategic and goal-oriented with a great work ethic. Must be comfortable representing the organization in private one-on-one meetings, at large public events, and presenting to small and large groups.
Benefits: CCCP offers a generous benefits package including health and dental insurance, a flexible spending option, 401K retirement program and parking.
Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 29. Please include the position title in the subject line of the email.
Charlotte Center City Partners is a non-profit 501(c)(4) whose mission is to envision and implement strategies and actions to drive the economic, social and cultural development of Charlotte’s Center City. www.CharlotteCenterCity.org