Director of UptownAugust 7, 2019 4:09 pm
Charlotte Center City Partners is seeking a Director of Uptown
Charlotte Center City Partners is a 501(c)4 nonprofit organization that envisions and implements strategies and actions to drive the economic, social and cultural development of Charlotte’s Center City. The organization’s vision is to help create a viable, livable, memorable, and sustainable Center City with modern infrastructure, a collection of unique neighborhoods, and a diversity of thriving businesses. Charlotte Center City Partners values big ideas, diversity of thought, attention to detail, great execution, long-term thinking, short-term action and continuous learning. We demand excellence, and we have fun doing it.
The Director of Uptown is a dynamic role, with the opportunity to work with a wide variety of partners and stakeholders on a mix of ongoing and new initiatives that support the vision of Uptown as a vibrant, inclusive place with strong, unique neighborhoods and a variety of thriving businesses. In this role, no two days are the same. This position requires developing strong relationships with neighborhood associations, nonprofits, City and County staff, CMPD, small business owners and operators, and property managers. The Director will leverage the collective resources and relationships of CCCP, including the Charlotte Center City Ambassador program, to address concerns and desires of these stakeholders, share information, and advocate for initiatives that drive the vision. The Director is an essential member of the CCCP community and economic development team and must also be highly collaborative across internal departments. The Director is an integral part of the Uptown community, with participation that goes beyond the 8:30 to 5:30 workday. To nail this role, be fulfilled, and be successful, the Director must care about Uptown as a place and a community and must spend his or her days working to make it better.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with neighborhood associations, residents, property managers and retailers
- Build and maintain strong relationships with partners whose work and missions also support the livability and vibrancy of Center City Charlotte, including CMPD, City and County staff, CMS, elected officials and educational and nonprofit institutions in Uptown
- Work with neighborhood leaders to identify annual priorities that strengthen neighborhoods and make Uptown a better place to live
- Plan and support initiatives that make Uptown a better place to live
- Create opportunities for neighborhood leaders to connect, convene and advocate for their neighborhood priorities
- Be responsive to stakeholder concerns and requests
- Care and attend to infrastructure and policy issues that affect and shape quality of life for residents, workers, and visitors
- Manage comprehensive communications program with and among Uptown stakeholders
- Serve as active liaison between Center City Ambassador team and Uptown residential, business, and property management community.
CCCP seeks to fill this position with a strong communicator, advocate and community builder who has experience managing complex initiatives and who understands the public policy process. A successful candidate will also be a curious learner, a strategic, solutions-oriented problem-solver and a natural collaborator. This position reports to the SVP of Community and Economic Development. At least 5 years of work experience in direct or related fields is desired, and a 4-year degree is required.
Salary range for the position is commensurate with experience. CCCP offers a generous health, dental, and vision insurance package, including a flexible spending option, and a 401K retirement program.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 21, 2019.