This is a page where we will share the latest news and resources that may help small businesses, especially restaurants and retailers, navigate today and the days ahead. We will update this regularly.
Operations Resources for Businesses
Loans & Grants
- US Small Business Administration loans and resources related to COVID-19, including the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program for small businesses. Mecklenburg County is not yet listed in the database of eligible areas for these disaster loans for COVID-19, but I read that the NC Governor’s Office made that request Monday, March 16th.
- Facebook Cash Grants for Small Businesses affected by COVID-19
- Cardin, Bipartisan Senate Task Force Secure $377B for Small Businesses
Helpful Resources from the Charlotte Regional Business Alliance
Safety Guidelines and Tips for the Workplace:
- Workplace Tips for Employees
- Guidelines for Employers: Planning & Responding to COVID-19
- OSHA Guidance for Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- Business Pandemic Checklist
Coronavirus Business Resources
- North Carolina Business Relief Resources
- Business Resiliency Planning
- Corporate Aid Tracker
- Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance Loan (SBA)
- NC Chamber Resource Guide
What Can We Do?
This list of ideas has been shared in discussion among business owners.
- Close large gathering spaces
- Move business to online, appointment, curbside or delivery-only
- Create new online e-commerce platforms and virtual shopping events
- Expand sick leave policies for employees, and reiterating that no one sick should enter place of business
- Post signage and communicating to customers and clients that they should not enter if sick, and instructions on how they can call to request delivery or curbside delivery
- Contact your landlord immediately to request rent abatement
- Collect donations for individuals and households in need
- Respond with warmth, kindness and hope to support each other, employees and customers.
- Band together to support local businesses.