Center City Vibrancy
Like cities all around the world, Charlotte is navigating the protracted impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. As Center City looks toward the future, Charlotte Center City Partners is collaborating with our partners in the public and private sectors to amplify the vibrancy of our urban core.
This coordinated approach emphasizes Center City’s role as a thriving commercial center, magnet for talent, beloved urban neighborhood, memorable destination, and place of equity and inclusivity.
Among the tactics we have deployed to support Center City’s vibrancy are:
- Partnerships with the City of Charlotte and Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department to ensure a clean, safe, and easily accessible downtown
- Deploying Center City Ambassadors to welcome workers, residents, and guests back to Center City
- Collaborations with major employers to provide tools for people to get reacquainted with Uptown as they return to their offices
- Microprogramming, food truck activations, and major events
- Marketing and communications campaigns that emphasize Center City’s unique value proposition
- Using our QC Cash gift card program and Small Business Innovation Fund to uplift street-level retailers and restaurants.
For more information about our efforts to support Center City’s vibrancy, contact Adam Rhew, Senior Vice President of Strategy & Marketing.